Monday, September 13, 2010

Fair Weather Writing

So another month has passed in silence.  My resolve to write daily, or at least steadily?  Back in the toilet.

Why? Why? WHY?
Lack of time?  Nope, not this time.  Busy as ever, but not too busy to jot something down.

Lack of energy?  No, I have had highs and lows but for the most part pretty steady.

Lack of material?  I had one kid start high school and another middle school in that time period.  Material I've got.  In spades!

I think material may be the problem, but not "lack of".  As I scroll back over posts, most of them deal with funny anecdotes, proud moments, interesting observations.  Other than describing my breast cancer battle which was written well after and even then from a fairly humorous point of view, I don't "do" frustration and anger.  And that, my friends, has been my problem for the past month or so.

July saw me ramping up my 3-Day training and getting into yoga - I felt GREAT and was excited about where it was taking me.  And then my knee began to ache.  And ache.  And ache some more.

And then it caved.

So for the past month I have been dealing with the ridiculously long, drawn-out process of diagnosing the problem (A minor tear to my meniscus, thank you.  And minor?  What would MAJOR feel like - yikes!)  Never mind the curing of it.  Other than fully staying off it for a week, which definitely helped, and some great drugs I've had nothing.  Physical therapy has not yet started (they are clearly overbooked) and I am left wobbling around, wondering about my 3-Day status.

You see?  I don't do grumpy well.  It's just not my thing.  I have a hard time expressing frustration in writing and believing anyone would want to read it.  Hence the absence.  

I recognize this is something a GOOD writer should be able to do.  So I am.  Or at least I am trying.

No comments: